HFD has created this accompanying guide to assist its Hodlers in gaining a deeper understanding of the governance process. A written step-by-step guide is provided below for further clarity on how to ignite a proposal or how to particpate:
- 1.Forum creation and discussion
- 2.Research by Core Contributors
- 4.Hodl Finance Improvement Proposal (HIP)
- 5.HIP implementation
HFD operates by empowering the token Hodlers to enhance the ecosystem through a proposal forum located on gov.hodl.finance. The community members can initiate discussions and participate in discussions by posting and commenting on threads. If the discussions receive substantial engagement and positive feedback, they may advance to a HIP, subject to approval by research. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to participate in the proposal forum:
- 2.Navigate to the governance section.
- 3.Create a new discussion thread by clicking on the "New Thread" button and filling out the template (It is important to note that the use of the template is mandatory, and posts without a template will be removed).
- 4.Community members can share their opinions by replying to threads (To reply to a post, navigate to the thread and click on "Reply").
Upon acceptance of a proposal in the forum, it will undergo a review by the DAO's research team, consisting of Core Contributors. During this stage, it is important for the proposer to keep an eye on the forums and our social media channels, as the Core Contributors will be engaging in discussions to gather more information and ensure that the proposal is suitable for the DAO before advancing it to a HIP proposal. There is limited involvement required from the proposer during this phase.
Upon review of the proposal by the Core Contributors, it may be approved on the forum. Subsequently, it will proceed to the Snapshot voting phase. Again during this phase, there is limited opportunity for participation, however, it is advised to engage with the forum posts produced by the Core Contributors to stay informed.
Upon completion of research and the acceptance of the request, it shall be forwarded to become a HIP. This HIP will then be listed on vote.hodl.finance, where token hodlers will be given the opportunity to cast their vote on the proposal. The outcome of the vote will determine whether the HIP is accepted into the ecosystem or rejected. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to cast a vote on the HIP:
- 2.Participate in the Hodl Finance snapshot.
- 4.To vote on the HIP, it is necessary to hold $eHFD which can be obtained by staking $HFD in the Staking Contract.
- 5.To cast a vote, click on the HIP and then click on "vote," select either "for" or "against" and then "vote."
Upon the conclusion of the voting process, the HIP will proceed to implementation and the Core Contributors will concentrate their efforts on ensuring its successful execution. During this time, it is advisable to monitor the forum and social channels for updates and community discussions.
This concludes the steps necessary to bring a HIP proposal from inception to completion. What is preventing you from taking action to enhance Hodl Finance?